Memory: Your Perspective
The Edinburgh Practice Art Competition 2023
The Edinburgh Practice is delighted to be opening our new clinic this year at Waverley Square in central Edinburgh. To mark the launch of the new purpose-built clinic space, we are running an art competition alongside our chosen charity partner for 2023, Alzheimer Scotland. The practice is thrilled to now be offering multi-disciplinary assessment and treatment for people experiencing memory difficulties and this partnership aligns wonderfully with the opening of our new Memory Clinic. The Edinburgh Practice, in collaboration with Alzheimer Scotland, invites submissions for the Memory: Your Perspective art competition.
The theme is Memory: Your Perspective, with entrants having the freedom to depict this in any way they perceive it. We would love to see how you depict memory! How do you perceive memory? Do certain associations, images, or emotions immediately spring to mind? Do you have a particular memory you treasure?
All individuals, regardless of experience, are invited to illustrate their perspective on memory through an artwork piece of their choice. The submission can be in any format for example: drawing, painting, pastels, canvas, ink or digital illustration.
Winners will be announced for each of the following categories (click the relevant category to download the submission form):
· Primary School Pupil – Download Submission Form
· Secondary School Pupil – Download Submission Form
· Age 18-65 – Download Submission Form
· Age 65+ – Download Submission Form
· People living with Dementia (or people caring for someone with Dementia) – Download Submission Form
The winning art piece per category will be selected by a panel of judges, from a variety of backgrounds including art and healthcare professionals, representatives from our client group and Alzheimer Scotland. Each winner will have their artwork showcased at the new practice for one year, as well as receiving a £100 voucher for the St James’ Centre, Edinburgh. Additionally, each entrant will receive a certificate to thank them for their contribution and efforts.
Host: The Edinburgh Practice
Location: You must be an Edinburgh resident or attend an Edinburgh School or Education Establishment to enter
Theme: Memory: Your Perspective
Prize: Artwork to be displayed in the new practice at Waverley Square for one year and a £100 voucher for the St James Centre, Edinburgh.
Dates and deadlines: The deadline for submissions is Friday 19th May 2023 at 5pm. The exhibition will be showcased on a Saturday evening in June at the launch party to mark the opening of the new practice.
Entry fee: Entry is free. One submission per entrant.
Size requirements: A0, A1, A2 and A3 sized pieces are welcomed.
How to submit: Please send a scan or photograph of your art piece to Ella Goodall: [email protected]
Please also download the appropriate entry form on our website and include the completed form in your email submission. Entry forms can be found above.
The winner for each category will be asked to send in the original, hard copy of their submission.
Terms & Conditions for the Competition:
- This competition is open to residents in Edinburgh.
- Original artwork (excluding canvas) will be framed.
- The deadline for submission is Friday 19th May at 5pm. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
- Winners will receive a £100 voucher for the St James Centre, Edinburgh. No cash alternative will be offered and prizes are non-transferable.
- The winning entry will be selected by a panel of judges. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting entries to the competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that they are the sole author of the entry, that it is their original work, and that they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of their artwork.
- Entrants will retain copyright of their artwork. By entering the competition all entrants grant to The Edinburgh Practice the right to publish and exhibit their artwork on any printed materials and internet-based distribution sites including, without limitations, The Edinburgh Practice website, Facebook, Instagram and in any other media for an undetermined period of time. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
- By entering this competition, entrants are deemed to accept these competition rules and the terms and conditions which will be governed by the laws of Scotland.
- The Edinburgh Practice reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time through the The Edinburgh Practice website without giving notice.