I have worked as an occupational therapist in the NHS for nearly ten years working with both children and adults experiencing mental, physical, sensory, and emotional difficulties. My experience includes working within community pediatrics, child adolescent mental health team (CAMHS), outpatient learning disabilities and the acute adult inpatient teams.
I am a trained advanced sensory integration practitioner and a qualified play therapist (play based psychotherapy). I am trained using a child-centered, holistic, and non-directive/ directive approach dependent on the needs of the young people. As an occupational therapist I have supported in the delivery of the autism observation diagnostic schedule ( ADOS) and working with both the child, family and school with the post diagnostic support and education.
I am currently working towards completing my MBA with a specialism in healthcare alongside my clinical practice.
Degrees and Education
- BS Hons Occupational Therapy – Robert Gordon University
- PG Dip in Sensory Integration- Sheffield Hallam University
- PG Dip in Play Therapy/ Play Based Psychotherapy – Leeds Beckett University
- PG Dip Health Management – Edinburgh Napier
- Autism diagnostic observational schedule (ADOS)
- Assessment and treatment approaches for people of all ages with developmental
- coordination disorder ( DCD) – Dyspraxia UK
- Sensory Babies Sensory Beginnings Master Course
- Sensory attachment intervention and sensory integration – sensory integration education