Dr Ramesh Shankar
I am a Senior Consultant Psychiatrist and Director of Clinical Services within the NHS, UK.
Degrees And Education
- MBBS – India
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychological Medicine (DPM)- India
- Diploma in Industrial Psychology (DIP) – India
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) – United Kingdom
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in General Adult Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry (CCST), PMETB – United Kingdom
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (FRCPsych) – United Kingdom
I am a Consultant Psychiatrist with a wealth of experience working in the field of Psychiatry both nationally and internationally which spans over a period of 32 years. I specialise in General Adult Psychiatry and Addictions Psychiatry. I have a special interest in working with clinical conditions such as ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Anxiety Disorders including OCD, Mood Disorders, Personality Disorders, Psychosis, Psychosexual dysfunctions, Alcohol, and Illicit substance related disorders.
My Therapeutic Approach
I believe in the principles of biopsychosocial model in the field of mental health, and I follow evidence based integrated medical practice. I believe in individualistic and holistic approach tailor made for the clients. I am a keen listener and focus on multi-disciplinary approach to achieve the best possible outcome in patient care.